Wednesday, September 27, 2006

25 years

Andy Horbal is hosting a poll: what is the best American fiction film of the last 25 years?

His inspiration is this New York Times poll asking writers, critics and the like to vote for the best American fiction of the last 25 years. He asks: what are the five best films of the last 25 years? I do love my lists, though oddly I haven't posted all that many on this humble blog, but this is one I don't think I can resist. I'm tempted to take on the NYT category as well, and maybe veen the best American records too. (Not to mention all the films, books, records one might find outside the US. But that will have to be another post.) I will hazard the film poll:

1. Blue Velvet
2. Rushmore
3. Do the Right Thing
4. Brazil (is that considered American? maybe not.)
5. Full Metal Jacket

And if I can't have Brazil - I'll take, well - either Mulholland Drive, To Sleep With Anger, or This is Spinal Tap. That comes so close to being a top ten, I'll add 2 and do it: Donnie Darko and Dead Man.

Go vote at Andy's, but if you wanna argue here, go for it.

No comments: