Sunday, May 04, 2008

Blogathons, Lists and Coming Attractions

A couple quick blogathonic notes, and some links this Sunday night:

Ferdy on Film's Invitation to the Dance blogathon is underway. I suppose this is an excuse to post a link to my Busby Berkeley notes from a couple years ago, though I hope I can come up with some more. This should certainly bring some fine reading...

And coming up later this month, Jeremy Bushnell will host a Production Design blogathon, which looks like a very interesting project. A chance to post more Princess Raccoon screen captures anyway.

Also:

Don't forget the Film of the Month Club - Pacze Moj posts links to access May's movie, The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On. I confess to having one of Netflix's copies at this moment, but will return it as soon as possible...

And the Self-Styled Siren takes on Joseph Breen, via Thomas Doherty's biography.

And so on. Hopefully this week I will manage to write up some more reactions to Secret Sunshine, and Lee Chang-dong's films; I'm thinking as well it might be time for a more definitive version of my Best of 2007 list. 1/3 of the way through the new year - a reasonable number of last year's films have made it to Boston, so the list is something closer to fair. We'll see.

2 comments:

jpb said...

I wondered about that Princess Raccoon movie; the shots I've seen from it look great. But I haven't seen it yet...

Michael E. Kerpan Jr. said...

I thought I had some Princess Raccoon screenshots too -- but I don't seem to have any after all.

The film is great fun, regardless.