Thursday, September 25, 2008

Random Content

Ha ha! a double entendre! This post is random - and so is this!

Sarah Palin trying to answer questions from Katie Couric. Like Jim Henley I am particularly fond of this one:



"Our next door neighbors are foreign countries." Whoo hoo! Hey - I grew up in Maine - our next door neighbors were foreign countries too! some of them even speak F***h! I'd even been to those foreign country before I turned 44, unlike Ms. Palin! why didn't John McCain pick me for VP? even being a full on democrat, I don't think I could do more harm to his campaign than Palin and McCain themselves have done. Is Johnny boy going to show up at the debate tomorrow? or will he be in the next studio, arguing with Katie Couric?

(I should add, for those expecting a higher level of discourse here [good luck with that] - it was a long weekend last weekend - I will try to get some comments up about the second part of the Edward Yang series. Maybe tomorrow, with some luck... And meanwhile - I must point to the Film of the Month club, where Chris Cagle has kicked off this month's consideration of Claire Denis' L'Intrus.)

2 comments:

girish said...

Oh my God. This video could be an SNL outtake. An absolute horror.

weepingsam said...

I'm not sure what's worse, really - her inability to speak a complete sentence, or even a coherent string of phrases - or what she actually says. "we sent trade delegations"? as proof of her foreign policy experience? As if Chicago and Wilmington, Delaware did no foreign trade...

But her incoherence is astonishing. Some of those clips sound like collages - it's amazing that a person said those things live... and really disturbing that the person who said them is actually asking people to vote for her for vice president. If Pat Paulsen were alive today, would anyone know he was kidding?