Friday, November 07, 2008

...tell me what you think of me

Since everyone else is doing it, and to provide a break from the politics, and a placeholder while I try to get myself to write about something else, let me post my alphabet meme - the brainchild of Blog Cabins...

Aguirre Wrath of God
Blue Velvet
City of Sadness
Duck Soup
Elephant Man
Fort Apache
The General
His Girl Friday
It’s a Wonderful Life
Jour de Fete - this might have turned out the be the hardest letter to fill...
Killer of Sheep - or Killing of a Chinese Bookie? oh, the dilemmas we face!
Late Spring - uh oh - foreign language cheat!
M - what? you couldn't think of a title starting with am M?
Nashville
Osaka Elegy - this should be N, of course
Pierrot le Fou
Que Viva Mexico
Rules of the Game - foreign language, non-cheat!
Seven Samurai - and another!
Touch of Evil
Ugetsu
Vertigo
Woman Under the Influence
Xiao Wu - Jia Jiang-ke comes through in the pinch!
Yi Yi
Zero for Conduct

I should do numbers as well. Cheating a bit here...

1 Armed Swordsman
2046
36th Chamber of Shaolin
47 Ronin (Mizoguchi)
5000 Fingers of Dr. T
6 Fingered Lord of the Lute - ah, now this - a wu xia I saw with no subtitles or synopsis, though the notes for the show said they would do no good - very true. Delirious nonsense of the very best sort!
7 Chances
8 1/2
9 Songs
0 Kelvin - to avoid repeating from the first list. And because this is the first time I have thought about this film since the day I saw it, whenever that was. (It's Norwegian - Stellan Skarsgaard as the nemesis of a writer who decides to spend a year in Greenland, hunting... three men locked in a cabin... vague hints of it come to mind, like a half remembered dream.)

No comments: