Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Hurricane Music

Today's music post can really only have one theme, right? We New Englanders don't get to experience the thrill of anticipation of a big hurricane very often - better make the best of it, at least until that big tree comes down...

Neil Young - Like a Hurricane - obvious, I know, and the obvious video (Live Rust), but really, this is the measure of all hurricane songs...



Warlocks - Hurricane Heart Attack - an army of guitars and drums thrashing away like 100 mile an hour winds...



Red Crayola - Hurricane Fighter Plane - not the same kind of hurricane, but I'm always happy to name drop Red Crayola



And though I don't want to encourage this sort of thing - under the circumstances, I suppose I must: here are the Scorpions with the Berlin Philharmonic, performing with all the subtlety and good taste of a tree coming in through the roof. WIth subtitles!



And I guess - this too was inevitable, wasn't it? a little bonus history lesson in there too!



Be safe, dear readers, if you are in the path of this thing...

No comments: