Friday, June 15, 2012

Post Apocalyptic Friday Random Ten

That is, my own personal apocalypse. There area ways to get at the bulk of my music, but for now, I still just have the stuff I bought at iTunes on my laptop - so that is the pol for this random ten.

1. U2 - A Sort of Homecoming
2. Chambers Brothers - What the World Needs Now is Love
3. James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
4. Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin'
5. Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
6. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
7. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
8. David Thomas & Two Pale Boys - Nebraska Alcohol Abuse
9. Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night
10. Superchunk - Slack Motherfucker

Not bad, I suppose. Video? Old U2 is not a bad idea, I think. This video the usual mix of bombast, sentimentality, documentary, Bono's ego blotting out the sun, and a fucking catchy tune...



And - it would be wrong not to add some James Brown - here he is live, in full flight, 1967:

No comments: