Saturday, February 18, 2006

Friday Comes on Saturday...

... so here then is your random 10, or so....

1. System of a Down - Lost in Hollywood (oh the shame, to be exposed as owning a System of a Down record. I'm not sure why I own them, but - I find myself almost liking them... the shame!)
2. Neil Young - Are You Ready for the Country (speaking of whom - tomorrow, I think, I shall see the new concert film. Today is Tristram Shandy of course.)
3. Gary Strivent - Something (oh yeah. I believe I downloaded this from James Allenspach's fine blog, Empty Handed. This is a fine piece of bad music - the singer wrestling with the notes and trying to channel Sinatra, but never finding the beat, never quite getting the concept of phrasing - and I love the little handclaps that come up toward the middle!)
4. Modest Mouse - Might
5. Pavement - Mercy Snack: the Laundromat
6. Shonen Knife - Insect Collector (live)
7. Big Country - One Great Thing
8. The Wipers - Messenger
9. John Cale - Wall (bonus track on Vintage Violence) (a drone - and a good one, actually)
10. Bill Frisell - Billy The Kid (Mexican Dance and Finale)
11. James Brown - Think (live at the Apollo) (I mean - who would stop at 10 when 11 is James Brown?)
12. REM - Auctioneer (and why stop at 11 when you can add some train whistle guitar?)

No comments: