Monday, April 23, 2007

Good Reading

While I continue to procrastinate and loaf, I can point to a couple useful things going on in the blogosphere.... Shakespeare Blogathon is underway... enjoy it now! three weeks til the next one, Culture Snob's Misunderstood Blogathon....

... the same day the Cannes Film Festival begins - IndieWire has the films....

Or - if you need a name for your blog - Adam Ross has 700 of them ready for action!

Meanwhile - at the House Next Door (always chock full of material, like a link to this astonishingly stupid response to the Virginia Tech shooting), a review of Claire Denis' Jacques Rivette documentary. I stupidly skipped this back in January, in the midst of my Rivetteathon... stupidly or exhaustedly, hard to say now. Still....

And finally, if you need a fix of theory every couple weeks - go to the source: David Bordwell writes about film as art. What kind of art? Ah, there's the question...

Oh gods. I'm going to be updating this post all night. I just have to note: Monkey Fluids is back in action - been back for a couple weeks, but you can count the posts around here... anyway, I should be ashamed of promoting such things, but anyone who recognizes the source of my nom de blog can probably guess my opinion on antique juvenalia and line drawings... Even when put to unnatural uses!

No comments: