Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kurosawa Blogathon (etc)

Since I jumped the gun by a week, it's probably no surprise to learn how excited I am to see the Kiyoshi Kurosawa blogathon up and running at the Evening Class.

Also, the X-Files blogathon at South Dakota Dark is running another day.

Meanwhile - one of the ongoing threads in online writing about the film world is the continued hand wringing about the fate of critics: Philip Lopate weighs in at Film in Focus.

And another, from Nathaniel Rogers. This article also joins the ongoing debate over the Dark Knight (the "cons" are starting to gain on the "pros", I think), and contributes to a Dangerous Trend - St. John of the Cross Puns!

2 comments:

Michael Guillen said...

Thanks for the shout-out to the Kurosawa blogathon, dude. It's ended up being much quieter than I expected; but, that's okay. And I certainly appreciate that your enthusiasm for Kurosawa matches my own.

weepingsam said...

Seems the summer doldrums are hitting everyone. But the Kurosawa blogathon produced some interesting reading and screen shots (he makes some masterful shots) - thanks for hosting it. I can't wait for Tokyo Sonata to come out - I hope it does it's amazing how few of his films have gotten any kind of release - I think Pulse is the only one to play on a commercial screen in Boston - and it happened after the remake...