Friday, November 04, 2011

Friday Random Ten

Today?

1. Radiohead - Scatterbrain (As Dead as Leaves)
2. Soft Machine - We Know What You Mean [the Kevin Ayers years...]
3. Muddy Waters - I Just Want to Make Love to You [electric mudd version - Pete Cosey!]
4. Bing Crosby - I'll be Home for Christmas [starting this already are we?]
5. The Tragically Hip - Eldorado
6. Byrds - Have you Seen Her Face
7. Devo - That's good
8. Van Morrison - Caravan
9. Bob Dylan - It Takes a Lot to Laugh, it Takes a Train to Cry
10. Big Star - Jesus Christ

I'm going to vote that one hell of a random playlist.

For video? Let's start with Soft Machine, on TV back in 1967 or so:



And - here's a tribute to Alex Chilton, featuring the latter day Big Star and some guy named Mike Mills in Chilton's role. I can't say that I am planning to post a Christmas song every week, but if it works out that way...

No comments: