Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Music Check In

Another Friday - another week without any other content on this humble blog: I wish I at least had a better excuse. I suppose I have reasons (laziness?), but - you know. It's not that - I have been distracted, by books and Bertie Wooster, and never seem to get around to blogging... Still - this month has gone quickly; it does not feel like 3 1/2 weeks into the year. The weather - remains very interesting - we've had 2 (or 3?) major cold snaps, separated by days in the 50s; we've had snowstorms and downpours, and blizzards that stayed south of us or went north of us; it's eventful. It appears to be 9 degrees outside right now; it can't be much more than 60 in my apartment. Fun times in the temperate zones!

All right - here are 10 songs chosen at random in iTunes:

1. Bob Dylan - Queen Jane Approximately
2. Sonic Youth - The Mind of the Bourgeois Reader
3. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Awakening
4. My Blood Valentine - Nothing Much to Lose
5. Yardbirds - Mr. Zero
6. Minutemen - Plight
7. Richard Thompson - Miss Patsy
8. Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through the Grapevine
9. Led Zeppelin - Dancing Days
10. Superchunk - Me & You & Jackie Mittoo

Video? I can see I have some very good material to choose from here... I would not want to miss the chance to post Marvin:



How about a bit of fusion? Billy Cobham puts in a shift on the drums...

No comments: