Friday, July 25, 2014

Tour de France Fridays

Another Friday.



I have been watching the Tour de France. It's rolling to its end - Vincenzo Nibali has ridden off with the overall victory, but there's a mad scramble behind him for the next places, with 2 Frenchmen in contention - passions must be running high over there....

It is a time consuming sport to watch though. That ands the heat have kept everything else on hold a bit. Anyway - today we're going random, as usual. I want to add a word of complaint - all the updates to iOS and phones and iTunes over the years have made it not work right anymore on my phone - smart playlists aren't synching between my computer and phone - how is that happening? I actually bought a bunch of CDs recently (new Jack White, new Boris, things like that) and would like to get them to play on the phone.... Usually I can figure out how to work around Apple's bad ideas, but why do I have to all the time? I have been a rather extreme mac loyalist through the years, but they are doing a lot to undo that. They've cost themselves a computer purchase in the last year by not updating the Mini; they're endangering the odds of me getting a another iPhone in a couple years. It's getting bad.

Enough of that. Music.

1. Iron and Wine - Rabbit Will Run
2. Husker Du - No Promises Have I Made
3. De La Soul - Potholes in my Lawn
4. Soft Machine - Certain Kind
5. Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
6. All Seeing I - No Return
7. Boris - Farewell
8. Warren Zevon - Poor Poor Pitiful Me
9. Lydia Lunch & Nick Cave - Done Dun
10. Spirit - Elijah

I can't resist a bit of Queen this morning...



And Warren Zevon:

No comments: