Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday Music Post Return!

Off on my journeys last week, through the hills and woods of northern New England. Fun times, but no blogging, not even a Friday random ten.



I had a moment of sheer terror yesterday though. I could not find my iPod: I didn't think too much of it - I did a lot of packing and unpacking in the last week or so, so it could be anywhere - but then I remembered: I had it on the train - I put it in the slip on the back of the seat in front of me - what if I didn't take it out?

The thought was shocking enough I had to sit down. I tried to remember - I thought I remembered unpacking it when I got home, but I moved so much stuff around, I couldn't trust any memories like that. It was terrifying - it's a 160gb iPod - those things don't exist. There's a lot of music on there - losing it would be truly traumatic. So I scoured the place again when I got home - looking in every bag, ever drawer, under ay clothes or papers or anything that could be hiding it - I didn't find it. I started to despair.

And then found it - on the floor, behind the cat's scratching post. A moment of desperate relief, that one.

Music:

1. Public Image Limited - The Room I am In
2. The Beatles - Piggies
3. Gomez - These Three Sins
4. Pere Ubu - Cry, Cry, Cry
5. The Kills - Getting Down
6. Mogwai - Hexon Bogon
7. Will Butler - Witness
8. Richard Thompson - Stumble On
9. Cheap Trick - Surrender
10. Liars - The Overachievers

Video - here's Gomez:



And the Kills:



And finally, any reason to post some Cheap Trick is a good one:



No comments: