Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Music Stuff

This video war thing is getting confusing. First came the Shaggs video, just a little out of place - Tiny Tim doing Do You Think I'm Sexy - that's what we expect here! Star Wars crap! not - The Shaggs.

But now - lately - Dr. Seuss? Kate Bush? (Though mixed with more traditionally awful material like the Osmonds.) Klaus Nomi? Something is amiss here. Points are being missed. Someone's gonna post Matisyahu or the Bastards of the Young video if we're not careful...

And finally - I see appearances of a new trend: Friday Top Ten with YouTube links. Now - it's an obvious idea, obvious enough that I picked it up without any help at all - but - I did pick it up, 2 weeks ago! Not that anyone's ripping me off or anything - but for once, I'm not the last to the party!

Anyway: today's random ten? Not entirely randomly starting...

1. "...I don't know why I call him Gerald" - Pink Floyd - Bike - bye Syd...
2. REM - Old Man Kinsey
3. Three - Domino Days (that Dischord collection...)
4. Yo La Tengo - Double Dare
5. Bloc Party - Tulips
6. Modest Mouse - Gravity Rides everything (one of those moments there a couple years ago, when this turned up in a van commercial - strange stuff. The moment, I suppose, when they slipped across some line. I guess.)
7. Undertones - Billy's Third
8. Undertones - She can only say no (okay: what's going on here? it's a good thing, we have to say)
9. Neil Young - Words (Between the Lines of Age)
10. Devendra Banhardt - Tell Me Something

and that's that.

Well, wait - YouTube Minutemen search. There you go.

Update! Since you can't have too many Minutemen videos: let's see how this works.



Looks like it's working well. Happy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....very confusing