Saturday, February 03, 2007

Music Post

Since it's Saturday already - I guess I'll cut to the chase: quick and dirty! iPod, random 10! (Rated where rated.)

1. Blue Cheer - Feathers from your Tree
2. James White and the Blacks - White Devil [a very cool record, that...]
3. James Brown - I Got You (I feel Good) ***** [of course]
4. Gogol Bordello - Avenue B
5. Marvin Gaye - God is Love
6. Yoshimi and Yuka - Elegant Bird
7. Ghost - Live With Me **** [cover of the stones song by Japanese psychedelic folk rockers - very nice]
8. Wire - Qestion of Degree
9. The Kinks - Come Dancing [nice little song, though a ways down through the Kinks' catalogue.]
10. Half Japanese - Fire to Burn *** [throw your evil records on the fire, on the fire to burn - records and sin!]

YouTube? I suppose there are some obvious choices, but I think I'll go a bit out of the way. First - not the same song, but you have to take what YouTube offers, and a little Blue Cheer would go down well. It would be nice to have the summertime blues right about now, instead of freezing my ass off...



And for a bonus, since they have a new record out: a nice bit of noise from Masaki Batoh and company - not the stones, but again - you take what you can get.

No comments: