Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stopping SOPA & PIPA

I doubt by 5 or 6 readers would be much inconvenienced by me taking my site black for the day - but I don't want to let the day pass without note. SOPA, PIPA, indeed any similar law that would undermine the roots of the free internet, in the name of any of the supposed evils of the day, must be stopped. You must protect the means of speech and communication before you can worry about what the speech and communication might be.... and in this case - you have to be sure that the means of speech and communication remain free of the control of either the government or of corporations. So - do what you think best, oh gentle readers. But oppose this evil.

Here is a petition, from Google, a big corporation that at least is on the side of the angels on this one: End Piracy, Not Liberty

And Wikipedia's information page, explaining the blackout etc.: Learn More.

Good luck, internet! You have been very good to me!

No comments: