Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Music for the Dog Days

After the weird weather of a couple months there - rain and cold to the end of June, then HOT for a month, August so far has been a peach. High 70s, clear, no humidity - "nice with sunshine" the weather sites put it. And so? I'm amazed how lazy I have been this month - with the weather better, it should be easier to get things done (like those big Imamura and Zep posts), but it hasn't happened yet. Oh well. Not going to complain...

So today? music? I said I was lazy, right? so - here are 10 songs, plucked at random by iTunes from my music library... Only one of which would probably land among my 10 favorite songs of all time. 2 in the top 50, though, possibly.

1. Damon and Naomi - (Scene Change)
2. Leo Kottke - Tell Mary
3. Replacements - Answering Machine
4. Rocket from the Tombs - Never Gonna Kill Myself Again
5. Sonic Youth - Cotton Crown
6. Death - Politicians in my Eyes
7. Pavement - Fin
8. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Spell
9. Loren Connor - Airs No. 2
10. The Who - A Quick One While He's Away (BBC version)

Video? I am reminded that I have been very remiss - I have been meaning to link to Joseph B's list of the five best uses of pre-recorded music in a film - and maybe take a stab at the exercise myself. Reminded because this might be #1.



(Somehow the Italian dialogue seems just right...)

And Westerberg:



And, finally - still at it, all these years later - Crocus and Cheetah and Craig Bell, live...

No comments: