Friday, August 23, 2013

Weekend Tunes

I am still amazed at how lazy I have been this month. The weather has been superb (though this week got warm again - but a much more pleasant kind of hot than we had in July), I have plenty of things I could be doing - and what have I done? Well - actually, read two honking big books on the Civil War - Peter Cozzens' accounts of Chickamauga and Chattanooga. Gotta be ready for those anniversaries this fall!

Anyway - it's music day, and today we are just plain random:

1. Rocket From the Tombs - Life Stinks
2. The Kinks - (Wish I could Fly Like) Superman
3. David Sylvain - Snow White in Appalachia
4. Jane's Addiction - True Nature
5. John Lee Hooker - Leavin' Chicago
6. John Cale - Amsterdam
7. Pavement - Perfume-V (live)
8. Big Bill Broonzy - Key to the Highway [we got the blues today...]
9. Nick Cave & Bad Seeds - EAsy Money
10. Gram Parsons & The Flying Burrito Brothers - When Will I Be Loved

THat's some nice stuff - what can we find on YouTube? How about John Lee Hooker - not the same song, but live - So Cold in Chicago...



And - Ben Affleck might be the next Batman, but Ray Davies will always be Superman:

No comments: