Friday, November 01, 2013

Covering Lou Reed

The Red Sox have completely disrupted my writing patterns over the last couple weeks (not that they are ever very disciplined). So I am well behind on what I was hoping to pt up this Friday - another Band of the Month, dedicated to Lou Reed. Fortunately, I can stick to my second Friday of the month schedule for that, and pretend I did it on purpose...

But I think the general plan can hold - we can dedicate this week's music post to Lou. Mainly video - and this week - to Brian Eno's remark that everyone who bought the first Velvet Underground record formed a band...

Here's Roky Erickson, doing Heroin:



Feelies' Velvet Underground medley:



The Cowboy Junkies, playing Sweet Jane:



Galaxie 500, and Here She Comes:



And Ralph Stanley:

No comments: