Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Music

I think today we are going with a simple iPod shuffle. We are coming into the Holiday Season, and even now I can see Tasks, Looming Up Before Me.... So - simple and to the point:

1. REM - Discoverer
2. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
3. REM - Departure [two REM songs, from records I don't listen to much? how weird!]
4. TV on the Radio - Hours
5. Public Enemy - Night of the Living Baseheads
6. Loren Connors - Airs No. 7
7. Pere Ubu - Montana [proof that you CAN play accordion in a rock and roll band!]
8. Einsturzende Neubauten - Well Well Well
9. Faust - Jennifer
10. Built to Spill - Good Old Boredom

And video? Try REM, one of the high points of their late career....



A bit of Krautrock - Faust, doing Jennifer:



And though I can't find a live clip of Hours, here's TV on the Radio, since it's best to have someone on the list younger than me. (I suppose the Built to Spill guys count too.) And because TV on the Radio are the real deal...

No comments: