Friday, August 03, 2007

Musical Interlude

Why it's Friday again - the end of that rarest of cats, the Busy Week chez The Listening Ear. But not so busy as to preclude another pointless bunch of songs off the iPod! yay!

1. The Iguanas - Flame On (from a compilation of live tracks from this years NO jazz festival)
2. Devendfra Banhardt - This Beard is for Siobhan
3. Serge Gainsbourg - Requiem Pour un Con ***** - have I mentioned how much I love Serge Gainsbourg?
4. DNA - Action
5. Bad Brains - I love I jah - at their reggae proggiest
6. The Fall - Industrial Estate
7. De La Soul - Can U Keep a Secret?
8. Badfinger - Apple of My Eye - pop perfection, yes.
9. Louis Armstrong and the Hot Five - Muskrat Ramble **** - I spent most of 1992 listening to the hot fives and hot sevens tapes. Come home, put them on every night....
10. Derek Bailey - Play 4 - from one of the Wire Tapper compilations.... I like Derek Bailey.
11. Rocket From the Tombs - Transfusion - had to include it - and that de la soul song is just filler, really. so there you go. yes.

And now, video: a lovely piece by Derek Bailey. That should shore up my snob cred....

No comments: