Friday, July 16, 2004

Housekeeping

Not that there seems to be anyone to care, but I put some more effort into the blogroll, so to speak. Nothign serious. Added three more to each category. I am adding things slowly and somewhat deliberately - I am not sure what the purpose is quite yet, or how I intend to maintain it - whether as a complete listing of what I recommend or find interesting, or what seems hottest at a given time, or what I read the most - I don't know yet. Right now, it is somehting like the sites I find the most interesting - the crucial political sites I look at - the best culture sites... Yes, it skews heavily to the left - though with a couple token rightish sites - Sullivan and the Volokh Conspiracy seem to be the rightish sites I read the most. Definitely because of their libertarian leanings, and social/cultural positions - bad as right wing attitudes toward the war (and similar issues) are, I find conservative cultural positions almost impossible to pretend to take seriously. Probably because they don't deserve to be taken seriously: God Bless John Cornyn - "It does not affect your daily life very much if your neighbor marries a box turtle. But that does not mean it is right. . . . Now you must raise your children up in a world where that union of man and box turtle is on the same legal footing as man and wife."

Plain sanity is a prerequisite to getting me to listen. Sullivan - far more than the Volokh crowd - often drives me to wrath - but I'm willing to listen, when I have to...

No comments: