Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Random Music

Just another Friday this week, and a meeting at work to get to, so better be quick...so just another random list, I think...

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control
2. Mudhoney - In n Out of Grace (live)
3. The Beatles - When I'm Sixty-Four
4. Revolting Cocks - Cousins
5. Arcade Fire - Windowstill
6. Robert Johnson - Stones in my Passway
7. AC/DC - Girls Got Rhythm
8. 6 Organs of Admittance - Procession of Cherry Blossom Spirits
9. Neu! - Super 16
10. Dangerdoom - No Names (Black Debbie)

And video - start with Mudhoney, a live clip of the very song (I think) above; complete with a drum solo and ballet:



And here are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs... though the best reason for including this video is, oddly enough, the ad that played with it. Some sound system for your TV or iPad or whatever - using The Dead Boys for music. I though I'd been Stiv-rolled... Anyway - the odd sensation of wishing the ad would continue in place of the song... Not that there's anything wrong with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the world needs more Pretenders tribute bands, but it's not Sonic Reducer.



But this is Sonic Reducer:



and this is the real Chrissie:

No comments: