Friday, January 16, 2015

Going Out to Frisco and Join a Psychedelic Band

Friday rolls around again. Music! Randomly selected, this week, for I am lazy!

I do hope things will start to perk up - Oscar Nominations are out - I don;t care too much about those, but the general end of the year film thing is always fun. I haven't posted a best of 2014 yet - I was waiting for Inherent Vice, to be plain - it will be up soon.

This will have to do for the moment though. Gonna have to go earn a dollar soon... sad. Makes me want to play my bongos in the dirt...

1. Tom Waits - Day after Tomorrow
2. X- We're Desperate
3. Times New Viking - No Time, No Hope
4. Pink Floyd - Flaming
5. Yo La Tengo - By Two's
6. Mission of Burma - Fame and Fortune
7. Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Flower punk
8. The Byrds - Mind Gardens
9. Neu! - Neuschnee
10. Six Organs of Admittance - OnReturning Home

Video? Here's Frank and the Mothers, and some old footage of hippies:



Here's The Pink Floyd, playing Flaming, live on TV, post Syd (just barely post-Syd.)



And some Vintage X - good for you on a Friday, no? get use to it!

No comments: