Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Random Ten

I am still a bit off my stride here - I hope that improves. Expect another Civil War post coming soon, with Antietam's 150th anniversary 3 days away. And - I guess the rest is up to me. Right now? it's time to fire up shuffle and see what we see:

1. Richard Thompson - Never Again [always a good place to start, Richard Thompson, especially with Linda singing]
2. REM - Hollow Man [decent sounding late REM]
3. Meat Puppets - Nail it Down
4. Mudhoney - If I think (live)
5. ELO - Strange Magic
6. Mono - Halcyon (Beautiful Days)
7. Low - Murderer
8. Tool - Third Eye [long live Bill Hicks!]
9. Smashing Pumpkins - Tristessa
10. Ghost - Oblit 1961 [wait - why does iTunes think this is "reggae"? Ghost is a lot of things, but reggae is not one of them]

Video? What can we find? how about some ELO?



And - speaking of strange magic, here's Tool:



And I suppose - Bill Hicks may be in order here:



"send in Vanilla Ice..."

No comments: