Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday Songs

Home again this Friday, back from my travels, up into the north country...



...a good time had by all. And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming (such as it is):

1. Melvins Lite - Holy Barbarian [one of the very few records I have bought this year... sad, I suppose... good record though; Melvins are reliable]
2. The Mars Volta - Cicatrix (live)
3. Doctor Nerve - Take Your Ears as the Bones of their Queen
4. Minor Threat - Salad Days
5. Stooges - No Fun
6. DNA - Calling to Phone
7. Pere Ubu -Sentimental Journey
8. The Who - Summertime Blues (Live at Leeds)
9. U2 - 40 [after dwelling in the more challenging corners of my music collection, we suddenly seem to have shifted to much more familiar grounds]
10. Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey

And for video? How about some vintage Stooges footage?



And I suppose - contemporary Pere Ubu footage:

No comments: