Friday, January 04, 2013

First Friday

It's the new year, and time for another music post. 2012 was a bad year for me and music - I bought barely a dozen records - 15, it seems. Of which I have listened, from end to end, to 1. (Though I did watch the Led Zeppelin DVD - assuming that counts as a new record - a five year old recording from a 40+ year old band that broke up 30 years ago...) So I guess all I can do, if I want to list my favorite records of 2012, and be truly honest, is -

1. Scott Walker - Bish Bosch

And get back to the Friday Random Ten.

1. Harry Nilsson - Jump Into the Fire
2. Times New Viking - More Rumours
3. James Blood Ullmer - Overtime
4. Abba - Chiquita [sweet lord! what are you doing to me, iTunes?)
5. Modest Mouse - A Different City
6. Frank Zappa - The Return of the Son of Monster Magnet
7. X - SOme other Time
8. Steely Dan - Pearl of the Quarter
9. Thom Yorke - The Clock
10. System of a Down - Atwa [argh! more guilt! I bought this?... though actually, of that particular brand of music, they aren't all that terrible.]

Today's Video: I posted this once before, but - might as well again, since it is the one record I bought and listened to last year.... Scott Walker, the video:



And from the random list - let's go with Harry Nilsson, since that is a very fine song...



No comments: