Happy New Year! somewhat. Today is Friday, a day for a music post - and this week, one music story stood above them all - the death of Lemmy Kilmister died earlier this week - one of the great ones. He's been at it a long time - playing in Hawkwind first, then forming Motorhead, stripping his music down to something that roared like an express train. He is one of those musicians, like the Ramones, AC/DC and a few others, who are both infinitely influential, but no one else quite sounds like them. Lots of bands have a lot of Motorhead in them - not very many get it all. He will be missed - it as a comfort knowing he was in the world.
And now - let's see what Genius conjures up from Ace of Spades, shall we?
1. Black Sabbath - Lord of this World
2. Sex Pistols - Problems
3. The Ramones - 53rd and 3rd
4. Iggy Pop - Some Weird Sin
5. Pantera - Message in Bood
6. Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers - Chinese Rocks
7. Black Flag - Rise Above
8. AC/DC - Love at First Feel
9. Bad Brains - Banned in DC
10. Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
Video? Start back in the day - Lemmy in Hawkwind:
Ace of Spades Promo:
Killed by Death, live: