Friday, March 03, 2006

The Blogosphere Trembles...

I tremble anyway. I have come across a couple stories lately, in the Phoenix for example, suggesting that there is a groundswell of support for Crash for the best picture Oscar. How could such a thing be? Something about the more conservative members of the academy having vapors about the kissing cowboys movie. Quel horreur! This can't be good. Can the academy really end up rewarding the one really bad film in the 5 they nominated? One fears...

Here is Matt Zoller Seitz, from a couple days ago, in a high dudgeon on this subject. I myself would have loved to see it on Mystery Science Theater 3000 - it is a science fiction film, as far as I can tell (if I'm not mistaken, the city of LA has only 20-30 residents, per this film), and would be greatly improved by the added commentary...

No comments: