Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Aqua Teen Hunger Force vs. America

Now here's a story that makes me proud of my home town: Boston panics over a TV ad campaign! What am I missing here? Maybe the ads were too small to be seen clearly by commuters, who called the cops, who - then what? You'd think once the cops saw one they'd figure out it was something innocent.

You would think by now that people would sort of get over the worst post-9/11 stupidity.... But today's Globe also had a story about the MBTA's random bag searching program - which has turned up 27 false positives, but - as expected - nothing resembling a threat. This is nonsense. If I were more inclined to paranoia I would wonder how much of this bullshit is in fact aimed at getting people used to a police state - it certainly does it....

Meanwhile, on a completely different subject (though more bitching) - what the hell is wrong with my neighbors? They are listening to very loud music - bad enough - but it's Garth Brooks! Who the hell listens to Garth Brooks? They're a pathetic crew - it's probably a bad sign when you know your neighbors musical tastes as well as I am coming to know. Or can hear quite as many conversations as I can.

I better leave this. Granted - wasn't The Loser Who Lives Upstairs one of the great sites of the early World Wide Web? Yes! it was! (And was it the first blog?) But no, we've moved on since those days - we must remain Calm and Serious here, no matter what kind of crap they are listening to.

No comments: