Monday, November 03, 2008

One More Day

We're down to the end. Tomorrow we go to the polls and vote. I doubt there's anyone reading this blog who can't guess how I'll vote - Barack Obama all the way! I doubt there's anyone reading this blog who hasn't already made up their minds - hopefully, also for Obama. I'm doubt I'd be particularly good at talking anyone into it - I've run out of all patience with republicans a long time ago. I have a fair number of friends who will probably vote for McCain - many of them are Bush loyalists to the core. They repeat his propaganda. They think 24 was a documentary. They are terrified of illegal immigrants, the local mosque, Iran, probably shampoo. I have stopped arguing with them - I could not hold back my contempt, and would prefer not to express it. The best way to counter them is to elect someone competent and decent to the presidency, get the congress well out of their reach, and start fixing things. Let em complain about taxes, while their insurance premiums start going down. (I know, I know: that's a long shot. Not even Obama seems willing to cut off continued government subsidy of the medical and insurance industries.)

No: one more day. Undoubtedly an anxious one, though things are looking good right now. Keep an eye on the polls, and vote!

No comments: