Friday, September 02, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Friday Music

Thank god for Fridays, cause this is one day a week I can make myself post something here! This being labor day weekend, I should post something - labor related - heck, I could work in some politics, something about JOBS [the president's speech; the fact that the whole government has already basically taken the one thing sure to create jobs - spending money to hiure people - off the table, etc.] - but... I've gotten myself in a bind, getting up late, starting this late, leaving myself a small window of time to compile interesting songs - fortunately, help is only a search field away - here we go!

1. Devo - Working in a Coalmine
2. Feelies - Forces at Work
3. Frank Sinatra - Nice Work if you can Get It
4. John Lennon - Working Class Hero [something of a perennial in these lists, no?]
5. Lone Justice - Working Late
6. Merle Haggard - Workin' Man's Blues
7. MInutemen - Working men are Pissed
8. PJ Harvey - Working for the Man
9. Prince - Let's Work
10. Sufjan Stevens - To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament

Video? Minutemen of course:



Why not? We are Devo!

No comments: