Friday, October 07, 2011

What iTunes has Wrought

Can I find a musical tribute to Steve Jobs? Maybe - but when you get down to it, isn't every random ten a tribute to Steve Jobs? Sure sure, randomization existed before iTunes and in a lot of places besides iTunes, but it spread, and spread over everything, thanks to those little white boxes....

1. Keiji Haino - See that My Grave is Kept Clean [I see that iTunes knows what is expected of it...]
2. Spirit - Elijah
3. Dr. Nerve - Three Curiously Insubstantial Duets: II
4. Pylon - Italian Movie Theme
5. Charlie Parker - The Gypsy [one of the tunes from the breakdown session always a bit harrowing...]
6. Ella Fitzgerald - The Lady is a Tramp
7. Mono - Pure as Snow (Trails of the Winter Storm)
8. Shonen Knife - Cycling is Fun
9. Liars - Leather Prowler
10. Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Fall Away [evidence that I do still buy some records these days...]

Video? I think Kraftwerk is in order, don't you?



Of course - and even more appropriately - Heimcomputer!



But I do want to post that Keiji Haino song - two parts:



and

No comments: