Saturday, December 17, 2005

Evil?

There is a warm place in hell, I say, for Robert Farley, Amanda Marcotte, and Hua Hsu (who started it all) - why? Because they have all three, in the past week or so, weighed in on the Crucial Question of our Day: is "My Humps" the worst pop song of all time? Or at least, of some meaningful period of time, in which we now live? And in asking that question (and answering it), they have led me to click on a link to a video.

Oh, god. The thing is, the first minute or so, it's not so bad - sure, it's stupid, but it's stupid like a Weird Al song, like a parody without an original to make fun of. But then it keeps on going. On and on. And dumber and dumber and more and more horrible... I long to imagine it is stooopid, and that the Black Eyed Peas know thay have made perhaps the worst song in history - a dumb joke on a dumb joke.... but it keeps on going, and going, and - good lord, they think the song itself is witty, not a mockery of - of... It starts out like they're Bialystock and Bloom, but by the end, I'm convinced they're really Franz Liebkind. "My lovely lady lumps?" My god.

No comments: