Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Music Ten

1. Cream - I Feel Free [nicely crooned]
2. The Warlocks - Stickman Blues
3. ELO - Poker [kind of crappy ELO - trying to Rock Out, but sounding like the house band in a Tim Burton stop-motion film]
4. Social Distortion - Let it be Me [hey! just put this on the computer - nice of the iPod to throw it up already... I remember some lady back int he 80s or whenever this record came out whining about Social Distortion abandoning punk - or something... I don't know. They're just a band, but this is a pretty nice piece of work, really]
5. Minutemen - Martin's Story
6. Replacements - I'll Buy [not awful, I suppose, but not what made them great]
7. Trusty - Goodbye, Dr. Fate [huh? something on the Dischord collection. Sounding like a cheesy remake of something from Zen Arcade]
8. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven [Argh! I'm 13 again! flashbacks! cruel 7th grade girls! noogies from the cool kids! stairway to heaven in assembly!.. oh days of yore! (the truth is, in 7th grade I was listening to Kiss and Aerosmith and Steve Miller, BTO, The eagles... the cool kids - there actually was a cool kid in 7th grade. He came in talking about the Ramones. I don't know if he'd heard any music by the Ramones, but he'd heard of them, that they were brothers, they sang about sniffing glue. A couple years later, though, I don't what happened to him, I never quite made it all that far (until after college, really), but did get to listening to the Talking Heads and Elvis Costello by the time I was 16-17. And Zep of course.]
9. Of Montreal - Requiem for O.M.M.
10. Tom Waits - Flash Pan Hunter

No comments: