Saturday, February 24, 2007

What Day is It Again?

Friday random ten time! (You think I have problems with the day of the week - the other night I woke up, got out of bed, turned off the alarm, got dressed - all perfectly awake, I tell you!) - then looked around and said, damn it's dark: what's going on? then I looked at the clock and saw it was 2:11 am. That is a new phenomenon: it is one thing to turn off the snooze alarm while half awake - but to dream (apparently) that the alarm went off, and get up, get dressed and....) Onwards: music. (Ratings included when it's included in iTunes.)

1. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Sweet n Sour
2. Blind Faith - Well... All Right
3. Leonard Cohen - Sisters of Mercy ***
4. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone *** - that's a rather strange rating. Might be Dylan fatigue or something, rating the oens you hear on the radio All The Time lower than the ones, just as good, that don't get played so much. 5 star Dylan? It's All Right Ma... and Tangled Up in Blue - looks like overall Dylan fatigue...
5. Elvis Costello - Lipstick Vogue
6. Minutemen - Paranoid Chant *** - I've got a mile of numbers and a ton of stats...
7. Pixies - Monkey Goes to Heaven **** - haven't heard this is ages, I realize...
8. Camper Van Beethoven - Eye of Fatima (2) - the instrumental version...these two back to back take me back to my salad days
9. Slow Dazzle - The Prosecution Rests - I have no idea where this came from or why it's on my iPod. Not bad though
10. James Blood Ulmer - Nothing to Say - from Tales of Captain Black, a very great record

Thought I'd try some jazz - not a lot of Ulmer on YouTube, but there is this very cool clip of Ornette Coleman and quartet from Italian TV, with Ulmer:

No comments: