Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Music Stuff

On Friday even! Random ten! the usual routine. Here goes:

1. Stereolab - Wow and Flutter
2. Sonic Youth - Rain on Tin - from Murray Street - a record I think I took for granted a bit when it came out - listening to it, but only quite registering "Empty Page"... oddly, pulling the individual songs out (as the iPod does) benefits them - they are all exciting and beautiful - at least, this is. A surprising result for Sonic Youth...
3. Don Byron - Dreidel Song
4. Bad Brains - Don't Bother me - they are all so good...
5. Neil Young - World on a String - from Unplugged...
6.X - Los Angeles - ****
7. Wilco - Hell is Chrome - live version; nice enough, I guess
8. Spiritualized - Come Together - another good one, though I've never gotten aroudn to rating most of my Spacemen Three/Spiritualized records...
9. Carter Family - Sunshine in the Mountain
10. Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Sweet Gene Vincent

Video? Let's try some Ian Dury....

No comments: