Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Means Music

Pretty much all there is lately. Hopefully things will start occurring to me to write. You know how it is. Right now, though, it's too damn hot to care: so random, ten, Friday, away we go.

1. Sonic Youth - Turquoise Boy (a good song: I haven't really gotten around to rating Sonic Youth songs... one of these days)
2. Theoretical Girls - Chicita Bonita
3. Cherry Ghost - Dead Man's Suit (good lord: coldplay imitators! a sign of the apocalypse, that... this is from a mojo collection, nothing I put here on purpose)
4. Rocket From the Tombs - Raw Power - that's better. Crocus, Pete, Cheetah, Craig and whoever was playing drums just then getting their stooge on...
5. Son Volt - Question (as always - I like Son Volt)
6. Husker Du - Now that You know me (live) (I think I turned down a chance to see this show, or one of the shows where this record (The Living End) were recorded; can't remember why any more, though it had something to do with fearing a repeat of their shows in early 87 when they were playing the Warehouse SOngs and Stories record beginning to end. That might fly with Zen Arcade, but Warehouse is a far cry from Zen Arcade. Anyway, I fucked up, cause by all accounts, and the evidence of the Living End, they kicked ass.)
7. The Shadows - Man of Mystery
8. Miles Davis - Sur L'Autoroute from Elevator to the Gallows... *** - great stuff; great film too...
9. Merle Haggard - Mama Tried **** - Mr. Haggard is always welcome on my iPod
10. Peter Laughner - Don't Take YOur Love Away - hey! old Pete gets in again! way to go!

And video? lots of video on the page already, but... here's Husker Du, near the height of their instrumental powers, doing 8 Miles High in the rain.

No comments: