Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July Blues

I don't know if it's blues or not but something. Vacations, the weather - for some reason, July is always my worst blogging month. This will be post number 7 for July 07 - matching last year's total, low month for the year (though June came close - but last year, I had an excuse: The World Cup! which I faithfully watched...); and 2005's total, 7 again - good lord; I'm starting to detect a pattern! 2004, I managed only 6, but I'd barely started here at the time - that was low for the year. There's still a week to work with this year, so we might make double figures - though it's not a sure thing. (But I do have a couple posts I want to work up...)

So what to do with this note? Let's try links - like - check out it'samadmadblog - argue about the Guardian's 50 best comedies list.

If you're anxious for the smell of chalk and ink and three ring binders, Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule is running a summer school quiz - it's not too late! I take comfort in that, having procrastinated myself. I think I have a plan for the next hour or so!

And in fact - there is a cure for the summer time blues - Blue Cheer! high 60s cinematography, all those awful little zooms... beautiful stuff.

No comments: